For most women, entering their 40s is a eye opening experience. Not only are things changing on the outside (where did that wrinkle come from?), we’re changing on the inside - and, it’s scary AF.
I believe our 40s provides us a wonderful opportunity to take stock of what's important in our lives. By this point, most of us have realized our life outside of our jobs, is actually more important than climbing the corporate ladder.
That’s not to say we don’t want to succeed, have a fancy title, and collect a generous paycheck.
It’s just that...we’ve started to realize we need more than the title and paycheck to feel our lives is a success.
I knew something was missing, but I had no idea what it was and it scared the crap out of me! I was lost as to how to figure out what I needed to feel excited about my life, and I was afraid to figure it out.
What if what I needed required more than I could give to make it happen?
I knew I needed to feel more alive and soak up new experiences. I also wanted a relationship with a deeper connection and a future that excited me (at this point, I had an ex-husband and was in a long term relationship that left me feeling empty and hopeless).
But, mostly, I knew I needed to do work that felt meaningful and allowed me to feel I was making a difference in the world. I felt a passion for inspiring women to embrace their lives and make the most of it, but I just didn't know what to do with that little nugget of insight.
I felt like life was passing me by and didn't want to just skim through life anymore.
So, what did I do to shake things up?
- I enrolled in coaching school and spent countless hours in training, classes, and coaching others. It took a year, but I eventually earned my certification as a Certified Professional Coach (CPC) and Energy Leadership Index Master Practitioner (ELI-MP)
- I ended a safe, not-too-bad relationship of 4-½ years because I knew I deserved something more (again with the elusive ‘more’!)
- Dove into online dating as a 40+ year old (after a couple of years out of the dating world) and found the fulfilling, exciting relationship I’d only imagined until then (actually, truth be told, it’s even better than I could’ve imagined!)
- Started traveling internationally by myself to satisfy my craving for more adventure (so far, via a couple of trips, I’ve spent 20+ days roaming across Europe all by myself and I love it!)
- Attended a summer camp for badass women (twice!) to dig into desires, purpose, connection, etc. (and the first time I went, I didn’t know a single person - SCARY!)
- Started my own business, learned I loved writing, and pursued my newly discovered purpose of working with women experiencing what I’ve gone through
- Tried TONS of new things...from jewelry making classes, to metalsmithing (one of my new passions), and anything else that made me curious or scared me
Life is worth living, and once I realized I needed to find what was missing, I started doing just that and reinvented my life.
(By the way, I still work at the corporate job while balancing my coaching practice. See - it doesn’t always require huge changes! Why? Because my coaching practice feeds my soul and my day job feeds my belly.)
My Pillars of Good Living
- Be curious
- Say 'no' more often
- Say 'yes' more often
- Listen without judgment
- Believe in magic
- If your mind is telling you 'can't', listen to your heart and rewrite the story
- Tell your story
- Stand up for what you believe
OTHER TIDBITS ABOUT VICKY
- In my day job, I’m a product manager which means I’ve spent the last 15 years honing my skills for setting goals, assessing requirements, managing cross functional teams, and delivering on those objectives. You could say I know a thing or two about identifying the end goal, breaking it up into a plan, and following through to completion. I use these in my personal goals and in working with my clients.
- I have an addiction to books - I’m always reading and typically have several books in progress at any given time. I love personal development books (of course!) and historical fiction.
- Coffee is my drink of choice and plays a big role in my life - without it I cease to function (hence the various coffee references in my free offerings!)
- In the early 2000’s I attended the New York School of Interior Design for several years part time and loved all things design. While I didn’t get to finish my degree, I still love to design my place.
- While I don’t spend a ton of time watching TV, my guilty pleasure shows include: Dancing with the Stars, Gilmore Girls, Hart of Dixie, Downton Abbey, and most detective and hospital dramas (for the most part, I’m not a fan of 30 minute shows - give me something to sink my teeth into!).
- I graduated from Georgia Tech (with a business degree, not engineering) and I LOVE football in the fall.
- There's no such thing as too much Harry Potter. Movies, books, whatever...I'll take it!
As Seen In
As I start to spread my message far and wide to encourage as many women as possible to find their voice, discover their missing piece, and spread their wings; I've been fortunate to land in a few places you might have seen (or heard!)...
LET'S DO THIS!
You don’t have to bust up your life and leave it all behind to make your life bigger and better.
My mission is to help you discover what’s missing and what you’re craving. My job is to help you release the habits that aren’t serving you, let go of toxic people, discover your inner strength, and craft a plan to awaken the woman inside you that’s dying to come out. She’s in there and she’s waiting for you to find her.
When we work together, I help you get crystal clear on how you’re getting in your own way, what’s not working, and the excuses you love to tell yourself. When we start to figure that out, we open the door to new opportunities and experiences.
When you clear the clutter, you start to seeing a clearer picture of what’s missing. And, that my dear, is when the magic starts to happen.