First, I’d like to thank Vicky for her extremely kind support in Blogger Babes, my work as a blogger, and my tech-team. During the short few months I’ve known Vicky, I’ve seen her blossom as a blogger and rebrand a gorgeous social-friendly blog. To know I influenced some of her growth is truly humbling. And, I know Vicky can attest to the fact that I genuinely want to help all women bloggers to reach their highest potential as long as they are willing to put forth the effort! ;-)
The more simply you state something, the less you’ll have to explain. A 250-word blog post that opens a door onto a whole new level for a reader will have a greater impact than an article that is four times as long.
However, if you prefer to write longer posts, go for it. If you know your chosen subject well, writing a longer post will probably not take significant time from your schedule. Just know your audience and be sure they actually want longer posts!
My partner Heidi and I chose to do a combination of short (125 - 250 words), typical length (350 - 500 word) and meaty pillar posts (1000 - 3000 words) on all our blogs.
7 Tips To Writing Blog Posts Quicker
As for actual writing tips, these should help you tighten your writing time:
- Ideal blog post length varies with audience and topic, but generally posts containing between 350-500 words are the most successful. (Remember that today’s audience has a much shorter attention span.)
- Use sub heads and bullet points. These are often what convince a reader to stop and read your post, so give them clues. It’s important to break up blocks of text.
- Write your Introduction, Conclusion and Call-to-Action first. Then fill in the body. (Using a template will help you remember this – which will help you save time).
- Be personal. Write as though you are speaking to your reader over a cup of coffee. Speak in the first person, addressing them as “you,” and you will across as friendly and engaging.
- Be practical. Share relevant information with real life examples.
- Keep your post focused! The more you stay on topic, the less you’ll have to edit. And if you find you’re going off on a side trail, remove it and use it as the basis of a new blog post. (Create an ideas file for your new post ideas).
- Use a timer. This is just an experiment. You’ll find it either stresses you out or it just may help you stay focused.
The above tips are an excerpt from our debut “How to Write Blog Posts Faster” Tutorial, one of seven documents in our comprehensive Blogger Monthly Tutorials launching on May 1st. Each tutorial eKit comes with a tutorial, 21 tips sheet, worksheet, calendar, worksheets, all our recommended tools and much more!
Click here to sign up for the Early Bird special release of $5 per month!
Win Two-Hours of Blog Coaching with Heidi and Ponn ($298 value)
We’re crowdsourcing the name of our Monthly Training tutorials. We need your help!
Grand Prize: Two-Hours of Blog Coaching by Blogger Babes Co-Founders (Value $298)
- Two one-hour blog coaching sessions, one with Heidi and one with Ponn. Coaching will be conducted separately on the phone (domestic), Skype, or our recorded webinar room (international).
How to Enter:
- Make one comment below for each monthly subscription title you create. Make sure you use your primary email, so it’s easy for us to reach you if you win!
- Any age, any country. Minors with guardian’s permission.
- Unlimited number of entries across any/all guest blog posts from now until Monday, April 20, 2015.
- Deadline date: Monday, April 20, 2015 11:59 pm Pacific Time. [After all, we need time to design the covers. ;-) ]
- Winner selection: Heidi and I will select one winner and announce it Tuesday, April 21, 2015.
[Note: these actions do not serve as contest entries. Official entries must be made on this blogpost...but, we’d love to connect with you nonetheless.]
- Check out our draft sales page now, take some time, and share your proposed title below in the comments area on or before April 20th 11:59 pm Pacific time. While you’re there, sign up for our Early Bird release special!
- Follow the rest of my tour to meet new bloggers, "spy" on other creative title entries, and learn along with me. Here's our blog tour schedule.
Can’t wait to read your replies!
Ponn Sabra is a best-selling author and homeschool mom of three tween and teen daughters, also bestselling authors and probloggers. The Managing Partner of Blogger Babes, Ponn is never short on ideas for her next blog post, she’s just short on time. Do you share the same problem?