Do you ever look at other girls and wonder what’s in their purse? I’ll admit it…I do (although, I’d NEVER peek in another woman’s purse…that’s sacred territory!). My curiosity is piqued because I just want to know what items are their must-haves because maybe I need it too! Ha! So, just in case you’re like me, or you’re just nosy, today, I’m unzipping my purse and letting you poke around to see what’s hidden in there!
I’m a self confessed bag lady. I LOVE me a good purse and have more bags, purses, and totes than I will admit to (a nice leather bag is such a weakness…you understand, don’t you?).
But, I am pretty picky when it comes to my purses! I like organization and being able to find what I want when I need it. I can’t stand a purse that opens up to a cavernous hole. I like lots of sections and pockets. It’s hard to find a good purse that fills that desire, so when I do, I snatch it up quick (provided it’s also pretttyyyy!).
So, without further ado, let’s take a peek inside my purse! What goodies do I haul around with me everywhere…let’s take a look!
#1 | Wallet
Since everyone carries some type of wallet with them, let’s start with the obvious! I use a Mighty Purse clutch/wallet and seriously ADORE this wallet! I got it last September and cannot live without it. What’s so great about this wallet you might ask? Well, it contains a backup cell phone charger in here…yep! That means I always have extra juice for my phone, which tucks nicely inside the wallet. It also holds a ton. I did a review on this wallet last fall and I am still in love with it!
#2 | Sunglasses
I have to have my sunglasses with me! I have light blue eyes, so they tend to be somewhat sensitive to the sun, so if I’m out and about during the day, I have my shades on! I got these a few years ago from the Ralph Lauren Outlet store and LOVE them!
#3 | Midori Traverler's Notebook (passport size)
While I have the regular size Midori Traveler’s Notebook, it’s a tad too big to carry in my purse, so I use that for my regular journal and when I travel (and LOVE it!). So, I treated myself to a passport size Midori Traveler's Notebook. The Midori notebooks are my FAVORITE notebooks (and if you follow me on Instagram, you know I have a *slight* obsession with notebooks, so this is saying a lot!). I love to use this to jot down notes on the go that pop into my mind!
#4 | iPhone
This is another obvious one since everyone carries a cellphone with them. I have the iPhone 5s, but will be due to upgrade this fall when I assume an updated version of the iPhone will be released. I’m already trying to decide if I want the bigger version or not (Opinions? Is the 6 plus too big??).
#5 | Makeup Essentials
I try to keep it pretty minimum on this front. I don’t need my entire makeup bag, but I do like to keep a few items for touching up during the day or in case I go out after work. My basic kit includes (my makeup bag came from Pottery Barn and it's on clearance for $9.99 right now! I got it for $14.99 and it's definitely a much higher quality than this price, so snap it up!):
- Tatcha blotting papers - I love, love, LOVE these blotting papers! I've tried many in my day and nothing compares to how awesome these are.
- Laura Geller baked powder & brush - I wrote about this in my post sharing what's in my makeup bag and I'm still loving this stuff 2+ months later. It smooths your skin and makes it glow without looking shiny or powdery/cakey.
- Concealer - I keep an extra tube of this awesome concealer by Benefit because the concealer portion is wrapped in a circle of moisturizer! Perfect for little touchups mid-day!
- Sample size of mascara (whatever the latest I've received from one of my sample boxes)
- Lip balm - I can't stand dry lips, so I always have a tube of lip balm with me. I'm not necessarily partial to a particular brand, so its usually whatever I grab that's in the checkout line at Target.
- Lip glosses (typically several shades from NYX) - I've mentioned before that I have an obsession with lip glosses, so my bag always has my 2 or 3 favorite shades.
#6 | Other Must Have
I try to keep a spare pen or two on hand since I’m always leaving them around my house or at work. My pen of choice is the Pilot G-2 series - both black and the various color options! I also like to have gum on hand and a pair of earbuds for listening to music on the go.
So friends, tell me…what do you carry in YOUR purse?! What can’t you live without and do you have a messy purse or a neat purse? Leave me a comment and we can chat it out!