Now that fall is in full swing around these parts, I'm feeling the pull of a warm blanket, a cup of hot apple cider, and my trusty journal. Nothing sounds more cozy to me than grabbing all of those and getting comfy in front of a fire and putting pen to paper!
I've been jotting down some various prompts to explore in my journal lately and I thought for those of you that are fellow jounalers, you might like a little jolt of inspiration to dig in and explore yourself a little more.
- How do you want this season to differ from autumns of your past?
- How does family play into your fall activities?
- What is your favorite fall memory?
- What would make this season magical?
- What is your favorite fall holiday and why?
- Make a list of all the things you want to do before December 31.
- What do you currently feel is lacking in your life? What can you do this fall to try to reclaim what is missing?
- What things can you do for others in your life to make their autumn more special?
- Describe your favorite Halloween costume from your childhood.
- If you could dress up as anything you wanted (for Halloween), what would it be and why?
- What are 3 things you want to happen this fall?
- What is one of your annual fall traditions and why is it so important to you?
The beauty of journal prompts is that they're entirely up to you as to how you want to explore them! Write a list, create a visual page using photos or memorabilia, write a letter to yourself (maybe to future you or past you!), or just write free style and see what pours out.