The holidays are now in full swing! No matter where you go, you can feel that extra tingle in the air and hear a jingle bell or two. You’re probably also racing from this to that, crossing things off your never ending to-do list, and trying to find a few spare minutes to sit down and relax.
Am I right?
Now, for just a moment, imagine some quiet time with you wrapped up in a cozy blanket with a steaming cup of coffee, tea or hot chocolate in your hand. Perhaps some Christmas music is softly playing in the background while the lights on your Christmas tree twinkle across the room.
How’s that sounding? Peaceful?
Last week, I sung the praises of taking some time for yourself this busy holiday season, so today's journal prompts are one way to indulge in a little you-time along with being present for what's going on this holiday season.
My goal is to help you find a little time for yourself this month and be present in the holiday season so you can enjoy it as much as possible. Journaling a few Christmas specific topics will really help you get in the moment to see what’s going on around you!
So...I’m sharing 18 journal prompts specific to the holidays to help you really focus on your thoughts this season.
If you’re already a journaler, today’s topic is right up your alley, but even if you don’t normally put pen to paper (or fingers to keyboard!), you may still want to try out a few of these. Perhaps you pick up a lovely little journal just for this season and carve out a few minutes first thing in the morning, right before going to bed, or over a peppermint mocha mid-afternoon.
There are enough here for you to pick one each day between now and Christmas day, or speed through several in one sitting!
You can go into as much or as little detail as time allows.
There are no rules here, just an opportunity for a few quiet minutes and a lot of fun.
Are you ready to give it a try?
Yes?! Okay…then lets get right to it!
Holiday Journal Prompts
- What are some of your family’s holiday traditions? Which is your favorite?
- What do you want for Christmas this year?
- Make a list of 25 things you are most thankful for from the past year.
- What does the “Christmas spirit” mean to you?
- Write about ways you can give back to the community during the Holiday season?
- What are some ways that you can slow down and enjoy the holiday season more?
- Who is the most difficult person to shop for on your gift list? Why are they so challenging?
- What was your favorite Christmas from your past? Why was it so special and memorable?
- What is one Christmas wish from your childhood that still hasn’t come true? Do you feel it’s too late?
- If you could be Secret Santa to anyone in the world, who would it be and why? What would you gift them?
- Do you prefer to give presents or receive them? Explain.
- What are you most grateful for this holiday season?
- Make a list of your favorite holiday treats that you love to eat and/or bake every year.
- What is your Christmas wish for 2016?
- What has changed in your life since last Christmas?
- What do you hope will change in your life by next Christmas?
- Which of Santa’s reindeer is your favorite? Why?
- Pretend you woke up tomorrow morning and you were at the Northpole…how would you spend your day?
What I love about journaling is that you can do this however you want…make lists, write stream of conscious thoughts, write it in the form of a letter, use photos or memorabilia to make it visual! Like I said..there are no rules so let yourself explore these ideas with an open mind and an open heart!
Related Topic: The Power of Journaling
Download a copy of these journaling prompts to keep in your journal as a reference throughout the rest of the season! Just click on the “Gimme my Journal Prompts” button to get started...