14 Journal Prompts for the New Year!
If you are a regular around here, you know I love to journal. In the past, I’ve shared other journaling prompts and they’ve proven to be rather popular posts, so it seems like you guys love to journal too!
Since we just flipped the calendar earlier this month and we’re embarking upon a new year, I thought it would be fitting to put together some prompts to get you thinking about your year ahead (or reflecting back on the year past).
The beauty of journaling is that you can do it wherever and whenever. All you need is a little quiet and your journal (either on your laptop or your actual journal).
I love putting pen to paper. It helps me clear my head, dig into my feelings and thoughts, it helps me let go of things, and it helps me discover new revelations about myself as I peel back different layers. Its comforting and enlightening.
Some people aren’t into making goals or resolutions for a new year and that’s okay. But, it can be fun to take a peek back at your previous year just to see what worked or didn’t. It’s also fun to look ahead and imagine what this year will bring into our lives.
How will it look a year from now?
Will I be happy with how this year turned out, or will I have regrets?
It’s all in our hands and in our power. While I may not get everything I want, I can certainly lean in to gratitude and appreciate everything I do get or experience.
But, in the meantime, before we get too far into the year, I like to journal on some of these thoughts. In the interest of encouraging you to have the best year ever, I wanted to share a list of 14 different prompts that you can explore in your journal!
Use them for fun…use them for inspiration…use them as a stepping stone to planning out your dreams and realizing your vision for the year.
I want you to craft a year of awesome in your journal so you can bring it to life this year!
Related Topic: How to Create Big Goals for 2016
New Year Journal Prompts
- How would you describe your 2015? What would you like to do differently in 2016?
- What was your biggest accomplishment in 2015?
- Do you make resolutions or goals? Why or why not?
- What do you feel is the difference between goals and resolutions?
- Write about a big goal that you made for your life in the past that you have achieved. What did you do to achieve it? Why was it important to you? How does it impact your life now? What can you learn from this?
- What are you most excited for in 2016?
- What do you want your life to look like at the end of 2016?
- What is something new you’d like to learn this year?
- What is something you’d like to let go of in 2016?
- Where would you like to travel to in 2016?
- What is one thing you could do this year to help others?
- What is one thing you could do this year to improve yourself?
- What is your word or theme for 2016?
- How do you think a word or theme helps you throughout the year?
Related Topic: The Power of Journaling
Download a copy of these journaling prompts to keep in your journal as a reference throughout January! Just click on the “Gimme my Journal Prompts” button to get started...
Edit: This PDF is no longer available