If you are a regular around here, you know I love to journal. In the past, I’ve shared other journaling prompts and they’ve proven to be rather popular posts, so it seems like you guys love to journal too!
Related Topic: The Power of Journaling
In you case you haven’t noticed all the hearts and roses everywhere, we’re coming up on Valentine’s Day next weekend. Since that means love is on the mind (mainly because it’s everywhere we turn this month!), let’s pay homage to the sentiment, whip out our journals, and dig in with some self-reflection.
Sounds like fun, right?! (it will be, I swear!!)
To sweeten the deal a little bit more (pun, totally intended!), I’ve included journal prompts for self-love, those in love with that special someone else, those that are single and on the lookout for Mr/Ms Right, and those that are snug as a bug in a family unit.
Related Topic: What Self-Love Isn't
In other words…there are journal prompts here for everyone!
So, no excuses!! Pull out your favorite pen, pour up a big ole cup of your favorite beverage, curl up in your favorite chair, and get comfy cozy so you can really dive in and get some thoughts out on paper.
Feel free to share these with your partner, your friends, or your family! Get everyone in on the action and then share what came up for you!
The beauty of journal prompts is that you can do with these what you like. Take them as is, use them as a launching pad to even more self-reflection, create visual journal pages, etc, etc. There is no limit, no right or wrong, and no judgement!
It’s all about taking a little time for yourself and reflecting on who you are, where you are, or what’s going on in your mind.
Getting the junk in your head out on paper can help you move into living more from your heart than your head and isn’t that a lovely way to walk through our days?
loving yourself prompts
- When do you feel most alive? How can you bring more of this into your life?
- When do you feel the most joy? How can you bring more of this into your life?
- What are your favorite qualities about yourself?
- What makes you unique (and awesome!)?
- What were your 5 most recent moments that brought you joy and happiness? Write them down! Why did they make you so happy?
- How can you share yourself more with others?
- What is your definition of self-love?
- How can you love yourself more?
- What’s working in your life right now? What needs a little more attention?
Looking for love prompts
- Describe your ideal partner...
- Describe your ideal relationship...
- How will a new love impact your life?
- Why is finding someone to share your life important to you?
- What makes you feel loved?
- What are you not looking for in a partner?
- Write about your need for love versus your desire for love. How do they differ?
- What does romance mean to you?
- How will you know when you’ve found the right person/relationship for you?
- What are some ideas of things you can do to put your true self out there to find the right match for you?
Partner love prompts
- Describe your current relationship…what’s working? What needs a little more attention?
- What does true love mean to you?
- Do you believe in love at first sight? Why or why not?
- Do you believe in soul mates? Why or why not?
- If you’re currently in love, write down everything single thing you love about this person. How do they make you feel?
- How are you different when you’re in love versus not in love?
- How do you show your love to your partner?
- How does your partner show their love to you?
- What more can you do for your partner to show your love?
- What more can your partner do for you to show their love?
- What is challenging about love?
- Why is love important to you?
- Why is your current partner important to you?
- Write about the one that got away. What about them are you still holding on to?
- What makes you feel loved?
Family love prompts
- My family is important to me because...
- My favorite way to show love to my family is...
- My favorite way to feel love from my family is...
- What are some ideas of things we can do more of, as a family, to strengthen our love?
- Write down the name of each person in your family. Now, reflect on their love language and ways you can speak to them in their own language.
- What can we do as a family to show love to others?
- What am I most grateful for with regards to my family?
- What does ‘family’ mean to you?
Download a copy of these journaling prompts to keep in your journal as a reference to reflect on whenever you need them! Just click on the “Gimme my Journal Prompts” button to get started...