- 2-1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 eggs, large
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tsp grated orange peel
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1-1/2 cups chopped cranberries, fresh or frozen (thawed)
- 1 cup miniature chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 3/4 cup confectioner's sugar
- 2 tbsp orange juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, combine first 5 ingredients.
- In another bowl, combine eggs, oil, and orange peel; mix well.
- Add to dry ingredients alternatively with the buttermilk.
- Fold in cranberries, chocolate chips, and walnuts.
- Pour into 2 greased 8"x4"x2" loaf pans.
- Bake for 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
- If adding glaze, combine confectioner's sugar and orange juice until smooth; spread over cooled loaves.
YIELDS: 2 Loaves